Monday, February 3, 2014

SILHOUETTE PONIES

CRAFT POST!!!
I was just comparing my DIY posts to my food posts and woah 
food is the winner. I guess I indulge a lot...what can I say?
I love to eat.

So today I am going to print on a crop top.
My subject of choice...PONIES!!!







Things you will need:
Linoleum blocks (i used 3)
Fabric Ink, speedball (any color)
Soft rubber brayer
linoleum cutter (with changeable tips)
1 blank top






Step 1:

Pick out the subject for your prints.
I found 3 great images of horses online & sized them 
so they would fit on my Speedball linoleum blocks.
You have to transfer the image to your block, by either
hand drawing directly on the block or by using carbon paper to trace the image.
I drew directly on the block.

*Keep in mind that whatever you draw will be printed backwards, so don't forget
to flip your image before drawing it on the block.



Step 2:

Use your linoleum cutter tool to carve the block.
Start by outlining the drawn image and work your way out.
Use the smallest blade to start and once you're finished
with your details you can use a bigger blade for the excess around.

*Be careful not to cut yourself, I did


Step 3:

Now its time to start the printing.
You'll need a flat surface to print on , and a piece of plexi glass (ideally) or cardboard
to use as your ink pad.

Here is a video from Speedball demonstrating how to ink up 
your block and how to print it.



After some trial & errors I found that cleaning each block after each 
print makes the prints much cleaner.
    


Even though Speedball says that you don't need to heat cure the ink,
I ALWAYS do. I have a heat gun, but a hair dryer will work as well.






GIDDY UP!!

If you like my top you can buy it HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment