Monday, February 10, 2014

A MOSTLY FAILED ATTEMPT AT MAKING DINNER

So, I thought I would practice my housewife skills last night.
I luckily had the day off & CJ had to work until 10; I wanted him to
come home to a delicious dinner and fresh baked cookies.
Well I made the cookies first (because I finished the last of the chocolate cake) and 
didn't blog it because I was expecting dinner to be the hero of the night.
The cookies were AMAZING and the dinner mostly sucked.

Im not sure what went wrong...if it was my doing or if it was the recipe.
Here is how I made my crappy dinner.



These were the only 2 that came out properly


Ingredients:

AIOLI:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 head of roasted garlic
1 lemon juiced and zested
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper 


Directions:

Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mash & smash until smooth.
Add the salt & pepper to season.
Put in the fridge until cakes are done.




(the best part of the meal...roasted garlic ♡)



Now for the cakes

Ingredients:

2 cups of cooked quinoa
2/3 cup grated fontina cheese
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons of black pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg
salt & pepper to taste



Directions:

Place all the ingredients, except for the oil, into a bowl and mix together.
Season with the salt & pep.

*Allow the quinoa to cool...I burned my hands


Heat up the oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat.

Now this is the part that was the FAIL.

Form the mixture into patties...my mixture was so liquidy there was no patty making
in my kitchen last night.

What I did was place a spoonful of the mixture directly onto the hot pan.


Cook for 5 minutes on each side and repeat until the mixture is gone.


I kept flipping mine prematurely and they kept falling apart.
After this first batch they all kept either burning or falling apart.
BOOO.

2 out of 5 
✭☆

Taste Testers:
LAUREN: This was really frustrating to make because it should have been super simple.
I guess Ive never had Fontina cheese before but I couldn't really taste the cheese. If it weren't for the Aioli (which was really good) these wouldn't have had much flavor.
CJ: I thought these were pretty good.  Maybe some bread crumbs could have been added to improve texture, but I enjoyed the flavor.  A little greasy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment