Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ICING FOR THE WALLS

I was sick & tired of looking at my mustard hallway.


Don't get me wrong... mustard happens to be one of my favorite colors.
When we moved into our house each room was painted a different color, it looked
 like a fruit salad.
So, I decided to paint it a more sophisticated color: a bluish grey.



I am pretty happy with the new color, but my wall looks a little boring.
After trolling through Pinterest I decided to install a gallery of art work.
We have SO much art, our own & a lot from our talented friends.
Why not display it?
CJ and I went to the thrift store and bought a ton of frames that would fit
the art.  I then spray painted all of the frames gold ♥ so they would match. I've
seen other salon style walls with different color frames & thought they were
distracting...I kept looking at the frames rather than the art.





After they dried, I fit each drawing to the frame.

My next step was to make a template; I took butchers paper and cut it to the 
size & shape I wanted the pictures to fit within.
Then we arranged the pictures as best we could so all of them would fit
inside the paper template.  It was like trying to put together a puzzle.



Once we figured out the arrangement we liked the best I took a marker & traced
an outline of each frame and labeled the rectangle spaces to know what goes where.



Then I hung the template & hammered nails in the wall for each frame.
Once that was finished I took the paper down and hung the frames.



Slowly but surely...


...they went up.


I'm pretty happy with the final result...what do you think?






2 comments:

  1. nice!! looks super polished! so much work though!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took about 2 weeks for everything to get done. But only 1 solid week of work... I just like to drag my feet

    ReplyDelete