Sunday, March 2, 2014

CINNAMON & SPICE

Well, it seems like I'm getting the hang of baking cookies.
I haven't screwed up in a while.
I guess old dogs CAN learn new tricks.






This is the first time I have made snicker doodles...in fact I think
I have only had them once. I'm kind of a cookie jerk; if it's not chocolate,
I don't want it. I'm slowly learning to enjoy other types of sweets
other than chocolate...although chocolate will always be my #1. 

Ingredients:

2 3/4 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs

set aside a mixture of :
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

In a medium sized bowl mix together the butter and the sugar until
fluffy. 


Then mix in the eggs on a low setting.



Add the dry ingredients directly into the butter mixture.
Add small amounts at a time.


Time to get out your mixture of cinnamon & sugar.
Now comes the fun part, form the dough into balls, and 
roll them around in your cinnamon mixture.




Space 3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
(Don't they look like cinnamon Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts?)
I was really tempted to pop one in my mouth...but instead used my will power and said
"Lauren, you're watching your weight... just lick the bowl clean instead."


Bake the cookies for 13 minutes exactly, try to let them cool before you eat them all.


5 out of 5

Taste Testers:

LAUREN: I mean... they are pretty good. They are NOT as good as every other chocolate cookie in the world. They are a good alternative though. 
CJ:  What can I say?  These are super solid Snickerdoodles. Great flavor and perfect texture.



2 comments:

  1. Lauren, Snickerdoodles are my FAVORITE cookie! I have not made an attempt to make snickerdoodles. I'm too afraid cause I worry that I would not capture the true essence of this holy cookie. Your recipe gives me hope and confidence that I can bake these! Yay! They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NICOLE I know you know how to bake, don't be afraid of these yummy cookies. Im sure yours will turn out better than mine because you're magic in the kitchen...and other rooms i hear. ;)
      ALSO check out the cheesecake post, I thought of you the entire time I made them, I know you LOVE the cheesecake.

      Delete