Tuesday, October 21, 2014

CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING


Ive had sweet bread pudding before and honestly, I'm not a fan.
They always put raisins in bread pudding and I'm like
"get your raisins out of my dessert"
I stumbled upon this recipe (it didn't have raisins in it), and thought I would give it a try.




Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 loaf of Challah
7 ounces of dark chocolate





Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla & sea salt.





Add the milk & cream into the bowl and whisk again.






Take the Challah and slice it into 6, 1 inch slices.



Now, cube those slices.


Add those into the mixture.


Take your chocolate and roughly chop it.



Add half of the chocolate into the mixture and combine. 
Let mixture sit & soak for about 30 minutes.



Take a pan (I used my spring form pan), and grease the inside with butter.
Then pour the mixture into the pan.


Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on the top  and pop it in the oven.





Bake in the oven for around 50 minutes.




ENJOY!!

BTW
My friend Nathan came over to try it and asked
"are there raisins in it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment