Thursday, June 5, 2014

HOME ALONE

My cutie little husband is out of town & having a sleep over at 
his friends house. This means I'm alone & must make dinner for myself.
Im a really lucky girl to have a husband who cooks dinner almost every night
and it's always fantastic.
Back in my bachelor days I used to eat cereal for dinner and I probably 
still would but my honey nut cheerios are stale.
UGH
Breakfast for dinner sounds good though...
I decided to make some kind of kitchen sink scramble thing.
I don't have much in the house since I haven't gone shopping since last week.
After looking at my options...

SWEET POTATO HASH
it is.



This is what I found, a sweet potato that has been around 
my house for about a month.
Look at those growths!


Gross...
It was perfect inside so I still used it.


I chopped it up in small cubes.


I also found some onion bulb greens and garlic. I chopped those up put them in the pan 
with the cooking potatoes.
I used olive oil to fry them up.






I also noticed that one of my friends left his bacon bits (real bacon) at my place.
Of course I used those.


I added some seasoning salt & some Tabasco.
Cook until the potatoes are browned and crispy.



When everything was almost finished cooking, I started to boil my egg.
I wanted a soft boiled egg so the yolk would ooze everywhere.
The recommended time is 6 minutes.


Once my timer went off I took the egg and placed it in a cup of cold water.


Peel the egg very carefully, it's super soft and feels like a water balloon ready to pop.

Put it all in a dish & you're done!



It was REAL good.
I always seem to make the best meals when I don't follow a recipe.
I suggest you make a kitchen sink for yourself and send me a picture of your creation.

Time to do my nails...home alone & it feels so good.
Over & Out


No comments:

Post a Comment