Sunday, October 13, 2013

MEAT MEAT ITS GOOD FOR THE HEART?

I saw this picture and got instantly hungry. 
Once again I started making this without reading the entire recipe first.
Will I ever learn?
Probably not.

This recipe is basically just for the cabbage... you're on your own for the chops.



"Pork Chops with Sweet & Sour Cabbage"
(If you click on the picture it will pull up the the source of the recipe)


Ingredients:

1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pound of shredded red cabbage
1 large sliced red onion
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
4 cooked pork chops (find another recipe for these)





Directions:


Heat the olive oil over medium heat. 
Add the cabbage, onion and brown sugar.
Cook until tender, about 10 minutes

Add 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar and cook for another minute.

Now I didn't have a recipe for the chops... so I had to wing it.




I used my grill pan and cooked these guys. I coated them with a bunch of seasoning:
paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, & dill. 
Grill them on each side for about 4 minutes. 


I partnered this meal with Roasted Roots.





TASTE TESTER TASTEBUDS:

ME: I did a pretty good job on those chops... juicy. The cabbage was a little over cooked and lost some of the crunch. The flavor was good though. 
CJ: The chops were really good and cooked perfectly, especially for not using a recipe. The cabbage lost its texture and I didnt taste the "sour" part of the sweet & sour. 

3 out of 5 stars
✭✭✭☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment