Wednesday, October 2, 2013

THESE COLORED ROOTS

I saw this recipe while flippin' through a magazine & was sold.
I love veggies and so does my husband.
I plan on making something easy tonight. Today was my day off and I 
have been gardening all day...and I am pooped.
I will also have a few glasses of wine while cooking...and eating.



"Roasted Root Veggies"



Ingredients:

6 cups of chopped:
carrots
parsnips (my store did not have any, so I got a beet instead)
1 rutabaga
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt & Pepper
6 Fresh Sage Leaves
6 Fresh Thyme spings
2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley




Directions:


Preheat oven to 400˙ F
Peel all veggies & cut into 1/2 inch slices




In a baking dish, toss veggies with olive oil & a few pinches of salt and pepper.
Add the sage and thyme.
Cover & roast for 20 minutes.
Uncover & give the dish a shake to loosen the veggies.
Roast for another 15-20 minutes until tender
Remove the sage and thyme and add the parsley before serving.




TWO TASTE TESTERS:

ME: EHHHHH... they are a little greasy. Maybe they could have been cooked longer, or have been put under the broiler. I would try it again with the parsnips instead of the beets.
CJ: I thought they were great, seasoned well. You could taste the sweetness of the caramelization. The colors were awesome.

2 out of 5 stars
✭✭☆☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment