Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MY LITTLE TROPICAL

YES, its spring!!!! 
And I am obsessing over plants.
Im turning into a cat lady... but with plants.
Since terrariums seem to be the latest fad, and I'm too broke to buy one,
I decided to do the next best thing. 
BELL JAR!!!

This is going to be the easiest DIY blog ever.

I went to Hobby Lobby and got the majority of my supplies, the bell jar & the base.
If you decide to replicate this project don't forget to print out a Hobby Lobby
coupon. 40% off 1 item.
I had the white spray paint and small pot already.
For the plant I went to my local nursery.


I chose a tropical plant that can endure the humidity of the bell jar.


I didn't like the color of the base; I wanted it white to match the rest of my house.
So I took some of my husband's spray paint and I went to town.  He says Rusto is like holding three shit brands in your hand.


 I had to do 2 coats of paint...and I still missed some spots.


 A day later after all the paint has dried I finished my project.
I repotted my little tropical into a slightly bigger pot.  Big enough so it can grow, but small 
enough so it will fit inside the bell jar.


Once you have repotted your plant, place it inside the bell jar.
BAM!!!
You're finished.




Try to give your plant about an hour of fresh air a day, to prevent mold.


No comments:

Post a Comment