Friday, September 20, 2013

T.G.I.F PASTA

It's Friday today, so I am going to take it easy tonight. 
After a FULL week at work, running Printosaurus & the CRAZY storms last
night that knocked down my trees & power lines,
I want/need something carb heavy for the end of the week.
I will also probably buy a pint of ice cream and eat it ALLLLLL.
J/K, my friend Mary and my husband wouldn't let that happen since they are ice cream 
whores.

Here we go. 

"CREAMY CHICKEN MARSALA PASTA"
(If you click on the picture it will pull up the the source of the recipe)

Ingredients:

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cut into bite sized pieces
10-12 ounces sliced mushrooms ( I used portobello & shiitake)
1 small onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced (I used a whole bulb because I LOVE garlic)
3/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound dry pasta + water for cooking (I used penne, rigatoni is also good)
1 cup Parmesan cheese + more for serving
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
salt & pepper to taste
chopped fresh parsley for garnish 



Directions:


Season chicken with salt and pepper. 
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until foaming. Cook chicken until lightly browned. 
Transfer to plate when done. 



Boil water and cook pasta according to the directions. 
Melt additional 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet, add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for about 6 minutes. 



Add cooked chicken back into the skillet. 
Add the Marsala, chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce is is slightly thickened. 
Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. 
Return the pasta  to the pot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the mushrooms and chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and cook until the pasta has absorbed some of the sauce, about 1 minute, adding the reserved cooking water as needed. 
Season with salt and pepper and serve with additional Parmesan cheese and a garnish of chopped parsley. 



Taste Testing Time:
  • ME: I think this would have been better without the chicken. Or I would have cooked the chicken differently. The pasta was super flavorful & I LOVE that it had lots of mushrooms, onions & garlic.
  • CJ: The sauce is delicious & the mushrooms soaked up great flavor. Chicken was kind of dry.
4 out of 5 stars
✭✭✭✭☆

No comments:

Post a Comment