Sunday, January 26, 2014

PUPPY TIME

This post is dedicated to a couple of the little men in my life, Tony & Luke.
My puppies.
I wanted to make them all-natural puppy treats that don't upset their sensitive tummies.
Tony has lost several teeth and has trouble eating really hard treats.




PUMPKIN PUPPY TREATS








Ingredients:

2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
2 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
1 teaspoon of dried parsley



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the eggs & pumpkin until smooth.
Stir in the dry milk, sea salt & dried parsley.


Add the brown rice flour gradually to form a stiff, dry dough.


Roll out dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.



Use a cookie cutter of your choice (I chose a gingerbread man cutter) & punch out the shapes... gather & re-roll the scraps together.





Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper... I used my silicon baking sheets.





Bake these for 20 minutes, remove from the oven & flip the treats over.
Bake for another 5 minutes.



We will have these treats for about a week before I need to make more.
The Taste Testers:
Tony & Luke  LOVED these treats.
Even my picky eater Tony.



* I almost called this blog Soylent Green... because the dogs are eating people*


No comments:

Post a Comment